What a month. Seriously. What a month. July has been a ‘blink-and-you-miss-it’ month.
A week was spent in Croatia sunning it up, drinking alot of wine and working through books that I’ve been meaning to read for months. I read Carrie Fisher’s The Princess Diarist and felt like I needed a massive cry. Not that it’s a particularly sad book, or that is what Carrie Fisher intended, but it’s very referential to her death and that got me going. I blamed hayfever. I would definitely recommend. I also read the Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood – again, not the most uplifting book. But still, it is such an interesting story; disturbing and moving. If you’re in the market for a dystopian world this should be next on your list. Check out my Croatia post and video here!
July also was also marked by a main event (and will one day be a national holiday), my birthday! A little party whilst it poured down with rain with loads of cake, glitter and dancing…and not forgetting bad decisions involving tequila. A classic.
My July Essentials:
- Body Shop Skin Defence SPF 50 – For a girl that hates being burnt this was my go to in the heat. Perfect to keep skin hydrated and protected from the sun.
- Nobody’s Child Black Frill Hem Jumpsuit – light, swishy and the most versatile outfit I own. I cannot live without it.
- Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Cherry Skies – Okay, so it’s not a ‘summer brights’ but this shade is quickly becoming my everyday go to. Paired with dewy highlighter and a slick of mascara, this is my fave long lasting red.
- Glitter, lots and lots of glitter – Ebay has been my best friend this month for the glitter stash.
- Nyx Glitter Primer – You can’t have glitter without sticking it to your face. this is what i used and it was just right for my birthday party. As a bonus, it didn’t ruin my skin when I was scrubbing the sequins off the next morning.
Whenever I switch on the J U L Y playlist, it takes me back to happy dancing times. have a listen to the spotify playlist here
Until next month,
Boy in the photo : Alex